Monday, November 9, 2009

Stupid white boy.

I am reading the questions.
Seven in number.
No one of them is activating my memories.
The teacher is observing the students who are writing.
"Does everyone understand the questions?"
I am smiling, not more than not.
I am standing up and giving my quiz back to the teacher.
All of them are looking at me and seeing a white boy with a blank white paper in his hand.
Walk of shame.
When I am looking in your faces I am feeling antipathy against your judgment and superficiality, not more.
I am looking out of a window.
And I am seeing two squirrels who are running around a tree.

I am smiling, because I know...
...that no one can study dreams.
...that evil defeats love.
...that it is not important, if a glass of water is half full or half empty; we should enjoy each sip regardless.
...that humans gain confidence in themselves when they look at the stars.
...that it is fun to jump into puddles.
...that I love, because I am keeping myself with labour.
...that life crucifies and crowns us.
...that flowers only grow with the change of sun and rain.

Human, I do not need your damn education, because I know that the sky is blue, it was blue yesterday, and it will be blue tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how hard it is to come to another country and not only have to learn their language, but take classes in that language as well. Keep up the good work Ole! I love this post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how I feel some days. We measure education in a way that allows only some people to be taken seriously and is this right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cool poem i really liked the glass half full or empty idea, i would have never that of that good job man

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool poem. Whats the significance behind the title? Why the word "stupid"? Why is race important for this poem?

    ReplyDelete